Sports Premium at Barley Close
Vision Statement: Participate, Perform, Progress
At Barley Close Primary School, Physical Education (PE) and Sport play an integral role in making our vision statement a reality for pupils, of all abilities, to achieve their potential and to promote lifelong participation.
PE and Sport provide our children with opportunities to develop the important qualities of self-control, determination, communication, team work and commitment. This should lead to improved concentration, attitude and achievement in all aspects of their personal development.
We have welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide additional funding to improve provision of PE and Sport in primary schools. We are committed to using this funding to enhance our provision of high quality PE, both within and beyond the curriculum and to add to our existing resources.
To support us in achieving this, we are using a proportion of our funding to belong to the Grange School Sports Partnership. This gives us access to greater participation in inter-school competition across a range of sports, specific training for staff, coaching for children, purchasing new resources and promoting physical activity both in and out of school.
The CSET Partnership provides:
· Competitions – School Games levels 1, 2 and 3
· Training opportunities for staff
· High quality sports coaching
· Curriculum support and developmental opportunities
· Gifted and Talented and Inclusion opportunities
· Network support
· Fundamental skills programme (delivered through Infant Agility & Y3/Y4 & Y5/6 Athletics Challenges)
· Best practice
· Links with National Governing Bodies
· OFSTED/Kitemark support
What does this mean for our school?
We will receive £8,000 per annum in addition to £5 per pupil to spend on improving and maintaining high quality P.E. and Sport in school.
Number of pupils = 285 X £5 = £1425 +£8000 = £9425
Developing PE at Barley Close Community Primary School
We will develop teaching and learning, progress and achievement in PE at Barley Close Primary School
· Developing our already established SOW in PE
· Developing our Swimming provision with the support of qualified swimming teachers
· Resourcing extra-curricular sports clubs
· Building strong relationships with local Primary schools and competing between year groups through Inter school competition
· Using an online platform to support intra school competition
· Train and resource Playground Leaders to support more structured sport activities at playtimes and lunchtimes.
High Quality Physical Education: Raising standards of all our children in Physical Education
· Regular specialist support from qualified PE teachers or qualified sports coaches working with primary teachers to achieve high quality teaching and learning in lessons
· Wide range of training opportunities for staff in PE and Sport
· High quality resources
· Affiliation to National and Local PE organisations
· Lesson observations and sharing of best practice
· Regular fundamental skills assessment to enable tracking and monitoring of all pupils
· Leadership opportunities for children
Competitive School Sport: Increasing pupils’ participation in sport
· Inclusive competitive opportunities
· Intra (L1) and inter (L2) school competition for all ages
· Organised competitions
Healthy Active Lifestyles: Ensuring all our children have access to regular exercise
· Playground Leaders Training
· Two hours curriculum PE
· Extra-curricular sports clubs
Self-Review and Quality Assurance: Measuring the impact of the funding
· Monitoring of planning and progression
· Audit of staff skills and confidence